Friday, May 3, 2013

MSP: Week 4

I've learned so far that looking at organizations 990 forms is really important to figure out because they show you where they stand financially and if they are using their money wisely. Also to see if the company has been successful before. It's also important because you can get a good overview of how your money will be used and how much the money you donate will help out in the end result. I'm really glad I learned how to evaluate my investments in a company. I feel like I learned plenty from this experience and it is something I will use in the future.
                    
In a way it's easy to evaluate if a non-profit organization is good for a potential investment in our cause. I've had to ask my group members for a little help to understand some numbers. Overall I find it pretty simple as long as you know what you're working with and what you're looking for.


No comments:

Post a Comment